Aspire Christmas appeal 2020
No One Left Behind this Christmas.
This Christmas, we anticipate a considerable surge in homelessness as the economic consequences of COVID-19 truly take effect.
We’re stepping up our preventative housing response, expanding our housing and homelessness prevention teams to make sure that people susceptible to homelessness don’t face eviction. We’re also bringing new, affordable homes online to meet the need for accessible living options, and ensure homes for all who need them during and beyond COVID-19 – so no one is left behind.
Sam, 20, is now living in Aspire’s supported housing after becoming homeless during COVID-19.
Explore the difference that moving into supported accommodation has made for him:
Now is our chance to bring a long-term solution to Oxfordshire’s homelessness and housing crisis, for people, like Sam, at risk of facing life on the streets without support.
But we can’t do this alone – and we need your support more than ever before.
Support Aspire today
A single donation could help us to make a positive difference today – and a regular donation could help us to sustain our work towards ending homelessness in Oxfordshire for the long term.
Our Christmas Appeal has reached over £31,000 of our £50,000 target so far – and, with matched funding now confirmed from a private donor to the value of £10,000 – every £1 will now be doubled, for twice the impact.
Make a regular donation to Aspire
What your donation could achieve
• £5 could provide a phone top-up for an individual to stay in contact with their loved ones and support services
• £10 could provide hot food, drink and a warm welcome for someone who is homeless, using Aspire’s winter night shelter in severe weather
• £18 could provide an employment support session for a formerly homeless person
• £20 could provide personal bedding for someone who is homeless, using Aspire’s winter night shelter in severe weather
• £50 could provide a work uniform for one of our trainees – or one home-starter kit for someone moving into new accommodation
• £220 could provide needs assessments for 10 people at risk of eviction
• £1,300 could provide long-term housing and employment support for 10 people affected by COVID-19
Find out more about our work
Visit our website to explore the award-winning support Aspire continues to provide across Oxfordshire and the wider Thames Valley.
We’re proud to share that, during 2019-20, we engaged with over 2,400 people facing complex challenges to address their needs, achieve their potential and change their lives. Find out more about the difference we made over this period, and why our work has never been more important – read our Social Impact Report for 2019-20 here.
Published: 10 December 2020