Sleep Out! Update
Local charities Homeless Oxfordshire and Aspire are delighted to announce a new date for SLEEP OUT! – Saturday 6 July at Linacre College, Oxford.
It’s never been more important to take part in our SLEEP OUT! Event. Rough sleeping may be at the centre of attention in the winter months, but homelessness exists all year round – and it exists beyond the streets. You can help to be part of the solution to tackling Oxfordshire’s homeless crisis by signing up for the SLEEP OUT!
By signing up you’ll be one of many amazing people bedding down outside to make a real, lasting difference to local people’s lives. We are asking everyone who takes part to aim to raise £200 and there is plenty of support and fundraising advice available.
About the event
We’re really delighted to announce a new line up for the SLEEP OUT! event:
- Live music by Alex Colman
- Hear from our clients sharing their experiences of homelessness
- Enjoy stand-up by Jericho Comedy
- Outdoor cinema – we’ll be showing the blockbuster hit Bohemian Rhapsody teamed with popcorn and mocktails
- Enjoy a bedtime story read by Angus Imrie, star of The Kid Who Would Be King, BBC Three’s Fleabag and BBC Radio 4’s The Archers
- Bed down for the night with just a sleeping bag and roll mat
- Wake up to a congratulatory pastry and a cup of tea or coffee
Why SLEEP OUT!?
Across Oxfordshire, hundreds of people are homeless right now, and more are at risk of falling into homelessness. Oxford ranks 6th in the country for the highest numbers of rough sleepers and over 100 households approach Oxford City Council each month to register as homeless. Homeless Oxfordshire and Aspire work with hundreds of vulnerable adults across the county each year, supporting them to leave homelessness behind. By spending the night outside, you’ll be making a real difference in people’s lives.
Spread the word
Help us to spread the word about our SLEEP OUT! event by sharing on social media and telling friends and family to get involved. Together we can make a real difference to local people’s lives.
Homeless Oxfordshire Twitter and Facebook
Aspire Twitter and Facebook
Together we can make a real difference to local people’s lives. To register to take part in Sleep Out! 2019 please sign up at homelessoxfordshire.uk
Find out more about Aspire by visiting aspireoxford.co.uk or on our Univ in the Community page.
Published: 9 May 2019