William Kennedy Fotheringham came up to University College in 1936 to read Law. After serving in the army, mainly in Africa, during the Second World War, he trained as a solicitor, and then practised in his native Scotland. Fotheringham died in 1998; there is an obituary to him in the 1999 issue of the "University College Record".
These items were given to the College in June 2013 as Accession No. 1057.
Catalogued in June 2013.
UC:P299/P1 - PHOTOGRAPHS
NOTE: All these photographs are mounted, and measure 460 by 550 mm.
UC:P299/P1/1 Oct 1936
Photograph of University College ‘s Freshmen for October 1936. No names are given.
Group photograph of the University College Association Football XI for 1936/7. The sitters are named as follows: W. A. Bagnall, J. D. A. Boustead, F. J. M. Dean, E. L. Edmonds, W. K. Fotheringham, J. A. Khan-Sahib, M. J. Naish, R. C. Palmer, W. D. Scott, R. G. Sturdy and .H. D. Wrench.
UC:P299/P1/3 Mar 1937
Photograph of members of University College seated in the College Hall for a supper to celebrate the Rugby Club’s success in Cuppers that year. No names are given.
Group photograph of the University College Association Football XI for 1937/8. The sitters are named as follows: W. A. Bagnall, J. D. A. Boustead, E. L. Edmonds, W. K. Fotheringham, R. Holmes, S. J. Milberg, E. A. Miskin, R. C. Palmer, G. T. Rowe, W. D. Scott, D. R. Sturdy and H. D. Wrench.
UC:P299/P1/5 May 1938
Group photograph of members of University College (including the Master and some Fellows). No names given.
UC:P299/P1/6 Jun 1939
Survivors’ photograph for the University College Ball of 1939. No names given.
UC:P299 - EPHEMERA RELATING TO OLD MEMBERS’ EVENTS
UC:P299/X1/1–2 27 May 1982
Menu and seating plan for an Old Member’ dinner.
UC:P299/X1/3 4 Mar 1988
Copy of the “Procurator’s Newsletter no. 1", written by George Cawkwell (F. 1949–87) and circulated to Old Members of the College.
UC:P299/X1/4 Apr 1989
Copy of the Master’s Newsletter, written by John Albery.
UC:P299/X1/5 24–5 Mar 1990
List of attendees and seating plan for a Gaudy for Old Members matriculating between 1922 and 1946.